AOL Desktop Gold Icon Is Missing, how to fix this?
The problem of a missing AOL Desktop Gold icon is prevalent with almost every Desktop Gold user in the world. And to handle this problem, there are many available methods both basic and advanced. And although the basic method gets results, it can sometimes prove to be ineffective. So to back it up when it fails, you have the advanced methods which are effective and efficient. So if you are ever faced with this issue, you can call the customer service of AOL or you can continue reading this blog as it contains everything you need to know about what causes the ‘AOL Desktop Gold missing’ problem and also the methods and steps to handle it.
To proceed with the recovery of a missing AOL Desktop icon, first, start with the basic method. And only if it fails to give any result or if it fails to recover the missing icon then only move forward with the advanced method. Also before you download AOL Desktop Gold, make sure that you have checked the requirements of the software.
Even though AOL Desktop Gold software has won the hearts of millions of people due to its user-friendly interface and the ability to provide a single platform to access different things, but still one of the errors that seem to occur again and again with this desktop software is the issue of the missing icon. It may seem a little troublesome, as this snag can occur even though a problem-solving method has been applied. So it becomes really necessary to annihilate this issue from its core. There are some alternatives that you can try while resolving the issue. One of them is retrieving back the icon from the system tray or the dock, and the other one is locating back the icon from the ‘Windows’ folder. You can try both of the methods, even though the second one may prove to be more beneficial. So if you wish to understand how to restore missing AOL Desktop icon in Windows, then you must read this blog to the end. Sometimes creating a shortcut of AOL Desktop gold, may not be a recommended step, as this may cause the problem to occur again.
- Take the mouse cursor to the system tray and click on the small arrow pointing upwards.
- Once you select the arrow, you will an option to customize. Choose that and you will be able to see desktop icons.
- Locate the AOL desktop Gold icon from the tray and drag it to the desktop.
(This alternative has proved really effective while dealing with this problem and especially if the Operating system is Windows. This application can be the main reason for this problem, and by disabling this, you are removing the corrupt files from the system.)
- Go to the start button of windows. Now choose ‘All programs’ from the list.
- Once you will open this option, choose ‘accessories’ and then go the ‘system tools’. This will launch the task scheduler window.
- Now click on the ‘tree icon’ to select the Microsoft folder
- Once done, go to Windows>Diagnosis. Once selected, you can now view task scheduler at the center of the screen.
- Right click on the task scheduler window and then choose the option to ‘Disable’
- After that, change the time of the computer, as it may have been changed
- Now restart the system and you can locate the icon on the screen.
If you did not find the AOL Desktop Gold icon, even after trying this method, then you can have a word with AOL Customer support or can try to install AOL Desktop Gold software in the system again. These two methods will surely help you to fix the error.
When you make changes to the system you might accidentally render the causes that are associated with the case of the ‘missing AOL Desktop Gold icon’. So to fix this:
- On your desktop screen, open the ‘view’ option by clicking right.
- Under this option, you will see sub-sections. From there, select ‘Show desktop icons’.
- Now refresh your PC by pressing F5.
If this does not show any result, you can proceed with the next method.
Try to disable the Task Scheduler
- Press the windows key on the keyboard and go to ‘Programs’.
- Now select ‘accessories’ from under this option and then proceed by selecting ‘system tools’.
- On the Task Scheduler window, click on the icon that looks like a tree to expand it and choose ‘Microsoft’ from there.
- And under the Microsoft folder, click on ‘windows’ and after this ‘diagnosis’.
- When you see the schedule, right click it and choose ‘disable’. Make sure to change the time on your computer after this.
If you have followed the methods and steps exactly the in the manner it has been laid down, you should have resolved the issue by now. However, if you get into some technical difficulty or glitches, get in touch with the team at AOL customer service.