Sometimes the AOL users face problem while the installation of AOL Desktop Gold software. In this Article, you will know how you can come out of this problem.
Basic Steps to fix Installation Error
- You should always download the AOL Desktop Gold software from the official AOL account. But if you are buying this software or downloading it from any other website, then make sure the source is reliable.
- Always check before downloading this software that your computer meets with at least minimum system requirement. Minimum system requirement for AOL Desktop Gold are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS
- Screen resolution: 1024 X 768
- Processor: 266MHz or better
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Hard Disk: At least 512MB
- Internet: High speed and stable
- Use an Antivirus software and run a full system malware scan on your computer.
- Restart your computer and check if it works.
Advanced troubleshooting steps to fix an installation issue
When the basic and simple rectifying steps for installation issue doesn’t work, then you can try advanced methods to get rid of this problem.
- Install AOL Desktop Gold on your computer as a normal user in place of administrator
- Temporarily disable all the blocking applications installed in your computer like Firewall, Windows defender etc.
- After that restart your computer to save the changes.
- Then in order to install AOL Desktop Gold, go to the setup file location and right-click on that.
- Then initiate the installation process but choose to run the installation as a normal user.
- Then process with the suitable steps to complete the installation process.
- When the screen says ‘Communication software is running and won’t allow AOL Gold installation’ then what to do?
When you see the screen showing this message then without delaying anytime go to task manager and stop the ‘waol.exe’ running files.
- Press ‘Ctrl + Alt + Dlt’ and open Task Manager.
- Then head over to the process tab and find ‘waol.exe’ file.
- Select that file and choose to stop the running process.
Above given steps should free you from the installation problem but, if these steps don’t work then you can perform a clean reboot in the windows.
Steps to Perform a Clean Boot
- Press the start button and search for msconfig, then select system configuration.
- Go to the service tab in the appeared section and mark all the boxes next to ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ and choose to disable all the services.
- Now, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and in the Task Manager go to the Startup tab. Then disable all the items.
- At last, restart your computer to save all the updated changes.