It is often understood that the users would get annoyed when their AOL Desktop software runs slowly or sluggishly. When the users come across this issue, it is clear that they would face a lot of difficulty in getting their work done using AOL Desktop Gold. At such a situation, it would become highly necessary that you solve this issue at the earliest. The users can learn more in detail about this issue by going through the blog. They can even avail assistance from customer care to comprehend the matter in hand. Some simple solutions that you can use when your AOL Desktop Gold is slow to have been stated below.
Solutions to resolve the error of AOL Desktop Gold running slow
Solution 1: Reboot your system
This is one of the most basic solutions that you can use when your AOL Desktop Gold is running slowly on your system. It is advised that you close all the programs that are currently running on your system and then choose to restart your system. This action would help you clear all your internal memory or RAM that would ensure better performance of your software.
Solution 2: Enable essential startup programs only
- Access the Task Manager on your windows and then choose the option of Startup.
- Here select all the programs which are not essential and then opt to disable them.
- You would have to repeat this process until all the programs all the selected programs are disabled.
- Once you have successfully disabled all the programs, close the Task Manager window and then restart your system to save all the changes that you have made.
Solution 3: Restart your Router
The users can reboot their Router using the steps given below:
- Turn off your modem or router by unplugging it from the power source. Also, make sure that you switch off your computer system.
- Ensure that you leave all the devices unplugged for at least 30 seconds.
- Once you have rested the devices for the said time, plug the devices back to the power source and analyze that you get a good internet signal.
Solution 4: Clear all Footprints
There are specific programs which keep running on your device automatically. You would have to clear all of those to ensure you have a smooth running system. You can follow the given steps to do so:
- Firstly, log in to your AOL Desktop Gold using the authenticated account credentials.
- Now click on the settings icon which is available on the top menu bar.
- Further, move into the security tab.
- Here, choose each file and data that you would like to clear from the system’s memory.
- In the end, click on the option of ‘Clear Footprints now.’
Solution 5: Use the command prompt to fix the issue
- Access the command prompt from the Windows start button.
- Now make sure that you open the CMD, right-click and then select an option which says ‘Run as administrator.’
- In the screen which is open, type ‘netsh Winsock reset’ and press Enter.
- Once the action is complete, restart your system.
Following the said steps would ensure that you have successfully solved the issue that you were facing. If you find that the problem has not been settled then the best alternative that you would have is to contact AOL Desktop Gold phone number. They would ensure that you overcome the issue at the earliest.
Also Read:- If you have any problem Regarding Downloading and installing than go on Download AOL Desktop Gold Page.