AOL Mail is a popular web-based email service that is used by millions of subscribers, particularly in the United States. It is seen as one of the most efficient email service providers because of its user-friendly features and enhanced security settings. AOL Mail provides a personalized email experience by allowing users to create and organize mail folders and customize the list view. The email service is compatible with most operating systems and can also be accessed via an email application on your phone. However, there may be times when it is difficult for you to send or receive emails on your AOL account because of specific server issues or browser errors. If you find that the email errors are affecting your work you can call the AOL Support Number and speak to a professional email expert to find out how you can resolve the issue. You can also have a look at some of the issues discussed below and implement some basic troubleshooting steps to fix problem sending email in AOL Mail.
My sent folder contains emails I didn’t send
AOL Mail organizes your emails in the certain default folder, including the inbox and sent folder. These folders act as a record of the emails that you send or receive and make it easier to locate and access past emails. However, if you notice that there are emails in your sent folder that you do not recall sending, then you should be a little wary. Unauthorized emails in your sent folder could be a sign that your AOL Mail account was hacked. You should contact AOL customer support to find out how you can secure your account and reset your password so that you do not lose any data.
If you need help implementing the solutions mentioned above you can call the AOL Tech Support Phone Number and reach out to a professional email technician and ask for additional technical assistance.
Unable to Send Email
It is quite common for users to experience certain technical difficulties that prevent them from sending emails from their AOL account. Whenever you are unable to send emails using AOL Mail, you can use any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to try and resolve the error
- Restart your computer: The very first thing you can do to resolve the email error is to restart your computer and clear the internal memory (RAM). Regularly restarting your computer is an excellent way to optimize your system and resolve minor technical issues.
- Use a different browser: Although AOL Mail is compatible with most internet browsers, sometimes specific browser settings may make it difficult for you to send emails via AOL. You should update your browser or try logging in to your AOL email account using a different browser to send your emails.
- Check your display name: Your display name could indicate the security status of your account. If your display name includes a combination of “AOL,” then it is possible that hackers have changed your name, thus preventing you from sending emails. You can check your Mail settings to verify your display name.
- Clear the cache: Although the cache is meant to help website load faster, sometimes if there are unwanted bits of data stored on your browser cache, it may cause errors while sending emails. You should routinely clear the browser cache and delete any unnecessary data before you sign in to your AOL account.
- Disable pop-up blocking software: Many users install pop-up blockers on their browsers so that they do not receive unwanted popups when visiting a website. Even though your pop-up-blocking software is meant to facilitate a smooth browsing experience, it can sometimes be an obstacle while sending emails from your AOL account. You should end the pop-up settings and add AOL Mail to your whitelist so that you can send emails without any problem.
- Edit the firewall settings: Just like in the case of your pop-up-blocking software, the firewall installed on your computer may inadvertently block AOL Mail and prevent you from sending emails. Before sending your email, you should consider temporarily turning it off your firewall and then continuing with your work. However, you must remember to turn on the firewall as soon as the AOL email error is fixed.
Fix problems with image challenges when sending mail
Data protection and user privacy are among the top priorities of AOL. Every single AOL Mail account is protected by several security measures, such as the image challenge. The image challenges, or ‘CAPTCHA’ as it is more commonly known, is designed to make it more difficult for hackers to gain access to your AOL Mail account. The characters given in an image challenge can only be read by a real person, thus limiting the possibility of a computer or an application gaining access to your account without your permission. All users need to manually enter the characters shown in an image challenge to overcome the security feature. AOL usually sends an image challenge if there was any suspicious activity observed on your account, such as sending spam email, logging in to AOL from an unknown location and so on. Ideally, the image challenge will appear only once. However, if you find that the image challenge appears multiple times a day, you can call the AOL customer support number and speak to a trained email expert to troubleshoot the issue. You should also run an antivirus scan on your computer and check for any malware that may have prompted the recurring image challenge.